Thought I would add a list of what I am currently reading. I usually read several books at the same time. Some I finish, some I abandon, some I linger over for months.
As of September 6, 2017, this is what I currently have got going:
- Dinosaurs: A Concise Natural History, 3rd Edition — David E. Fastovsky & David B. Weishampel
- Big History: Between Nothing and Everything — David Christian, et al
- Bush — Jean Edward Smith
- Scanning the Pharaohs: CT Imaging of the New Kingdom Royal Mummies — Zahi Hawass and Sahar N. Saleem
- What Happened — Hillary Rodham Clinton
- 1932: The Rise of Hitler & FDR — David D. Pietrusza
- The Marriage of Cadmus and Harmony — Robert Calasso
DORMANT BUT STILL ON THE LIST:
- The Silk Roads: A New History of the World — Peter Frankopan
- How to Build a Habitable Planet: The Story of the Earth from the Big Bang to Humankind — Charles Langmuir & Wally Broecker
- Madison and Jefferson — Andrew Burstein & Nancy Isenberg
- The Rise and Fall of Classical Greece — Josiah Ober
I may have overlooked something …
I am flattered that I have received emails with comments from many of the authors that I have reviewed, and the bulk of these have not only been quite favorable but have thereby served to establish valuable new relationships.
I find reading quite rewarding, especially when challenging myself to read at or above my limits to expand my horizons, reveal new perspectives, and compel me to use the muscles of my intellect the way an athlete might use the muscles of his body. I only wish more people felt the same way!